Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I fought the man and ...


After 2 years of servitude to the Direct TV man, today I called to cancel our service. TJ answered the phone and said "how can I help you sir" and quickly before I could answer, "what is your name?" "Joe" I replied, "I would like to cancel my service" There I had done it and and there was silence on the phone and finally TJ replied, "why would you want to do that?"

Then I thought, oh I want to say I how I had been held hostage for 24 months of living with a substandard DVR without Picture in Picture with a remote that is slow as molasses on a cold Buffalo morning, and how they took down the the Versus channel and refused to let me out of my contract. And and, how I missed the Charlie Chat!

But.... I didn't say that, instead I said "I would like to be a free agent without a contract", Free to negotiate a deal like Labron James, Just let me out of CLEVELAND!

TJ offered me a free month credit after which when I could cancel. It's great to be a free agent. Now back to Deadliest Catch!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Yay! Way to be FREE from the cable man! :)

Dadoo said...

I still won't sleep just knowing that the MAN is waiting steal the Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers and my favorite, Axe Men. (Don't call them Lumber Jacks in plaid shirts) Oh, I need to post on "them lumber jacks"!